Dreaming of being your own boss?
Are you SO done working for someone else?
Are you dreaming of setting your own schedule and tapping into your creative side?
Do you imagine what it would be like to feel excited, passionate even about getting up and going to work each day?
I know… the thought of actually moving forward is at once terrifying and confusing.
What do you do first?
Will you be able to survive?
How do you know when to take the leap?
Here’s a few tips that helped me as I left my career of 20+ years to start my own business:
Step 1: Know Your “Why” Identify your heartfelt reason or passion for starting your business. Make sure you also know both the pros and cons of leaving your job. Sometimes we become so focused on the negatives that we don’t realize the positives until it’s too late. It doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t move forward. Only that you will need to build in certain factors as you plan ahead. For instance:
- Do you thrive on the social interaction that your job provides? How can you replace the need for interaction in your day?
- Are you a technology klutz who depends on the techies at your day job to keep you up and running?
- Do you depend on the feedback of your administration and co-workers to keep you pumped up and energized?
Step 2: Nail Down Your Vision
What will be your new career? Be specific.
- What will you do?
- What will you create or what service will you provide?
- Who will your clients be?
- What will your work environment be?
- How much money will you need to make?
- What would a typical day look like?
Step 3: Connect the Dots
Here’s where the rubber meets the road. What will it take for you to get from here to there?
Create an action plan and a timeline.
Talk to other knowledgeable people who have done what you want to do.
Read books, take classes, listen to podcasts, read blogs, get a coach, find a mentor.
Finally (here’s the biggie)- Take action
One day, you’ll wake up, look around and be amazed at the business you created!
It is possible. You can create your own Independence Day.
You can start making it happen today with a complimentary coaching call. Email me:
Or book your time to talk here:
I had lots of ideas, but no idea how to actually take the first step toward making my dream a reality. Lucky for me, the Dream Achiever Coaching program had everything that I needed to begin taking precious baby steps. The strategy sessions clearly identified each next step in an order that made perfect sense. And the mindset sessions gave me the confidence I needed to move forward!