Dream Academy Parent and Educator Program
What it is and What it Does
How often have you said,
- I just don’t understand my child
- I can’t seem to motivate this student. I wish he’d take some initiative.
- I want to encourage her to be a leader but I’m not sure I’m doing the right thing
- I want to empower him to recognize and work in his strengths
Understanding a child’s behavioral style helps create productive relationships through improved communication and positive interactions. The Dream Academy Parent and Educator program teaches strategies that empower parents and educators to motivate children to be leaders in their own lives. Better understanding and improved communication creates an environment that fosters empathy, compassion and connection with others. Together these trainings create a common language and powerful results.
That’s what we’re offering.
Educator and Parent Engagement Training teaches strategies parents and educators can use to motivate and encourage children to develop leadership traits and a growth mindset. Participants learn to identify a child’s behavior style, as well as how to empower them to work in their strengths and become leaders in their own lives.
Here's What Participants Will Learn
- Self-assessment to increase communication and self-awareness
- Understanding of behavioral styles
- Strengths and areas for development
- Communication tips with others
- Behavior Styles Application
- The four basic behavior styles overview
- How to identify a student’s behavior style
- How to encourage leadership skills based on behavior style
- How to improve communication based on behavior style
- How to understand and mediate tension between styles
- How to encourage a growth mindset and develop empathy for others
- Increased understanding of student strengths and development areas
- Improved interpersonal communication
- Enhanced strategies for classroom leadership
Here's What Participants Say
Lynne Watts brings excitement and energy into the room as a motivational and engaging speaker. She brings a focus on intentional living that sets the tone for participants to look within themselves to reflect and learn from. She has a relevant perspective to familiar topics. Her engagement with participants is sincere and authentic and, along with her friendly, relaxed manner enables participants to listen and learn easily. Her life experiences are meaningful to the audience and provide a candid look into self for how to make better self-choices and how to be a better team in the workplace.
~D’Anna Liber DFACS Supervisor, Gwinnett County, Georgia
Wow! Lynne’s expertise in personality styles, mindset and priority management is a powerful combination. The interactive and personalized format was engaging and gave me tools I can use and actions I can take right away. ~Erin Shaw, Educator
I was delighted to meet you and liked your method to get people involved. I have been attending monthly foster parent training for a lot of years and haven’t met anyone to get that group out of their seats like you did. I hope to see you for additional training on campus. ~Bob, Foster Parent
The model of human behavior helped me to understand my traits better and how it affects how I run my class. ~Megan P. Educator
Valuable framework for professional and personal interactions. Nicole M., Educator
Are You Ready?
Want to develop leaders for tomorrow and create a growth mindset culture at your school? The Educator and Parent Engagement Training Program creates a common language between educators, parents and students. It's available for PTA, community, school and church programs.