5 Tips Guaranteed to Beat It
In case you didn’t notice… the world is gearing up for another holiday season.
Are you looking forward to it?
Or dreading the stress?
Eagerly anticipating family gatherings?
Or agonizing over the perfect gifts?
Wondering how you will fit everything into your already busy schedule?
Here’s some tips to help you sail through the season with minimum stress and maximum energy:
- Set an intention. Remember how you set an intention for the whole year with one word? Do the same for the holiday season. Maybe you even want to use the same intention. Depending on the word it could easily be applied to the holiday season as well with great benefit.
- Create a plan. So often we launch into the holidays willy nilly with no plan whatsoever as to what is important to us. We then stress out over attending every possible event, participating in every gathering and buying gifts for everyone from our co-workers to our distant cousin that we last saw ten years ago. Plan ahead as to what you will attend and who you will shop for. Then let the rest go…
- Practice saying no. This will follow naturally from the two previous tips. Before you say yes to anything review your intention and your plan for the season. Ask yourself if it is congruent. Remove the guilt by reminding yourself that every time you say yes, you are saying no to something else. Make sure if you say yes… it’s a hell, yes! If you aren’t excited about it, it’s a sign you should decline.
- Practice Gratitude. While the season is really all about blessings… somehow it can get lost in the To Do List overwhelm. Set aside a regular time to reflect on the blessings in your life. Write them down. Share them with others.
- Practice self-renewal instead of self-indulgence. Do what it takes for you to be the best you can be. This is different from indulging in the shadow comforts (over-eating, over-drinking, retail therapy). Instead, focus on getting the rest you need, eating the healthy foods that sustain your energy, maintaining an exercise plan that keeps you energized and staying within your budget (see #2).
Follow these tips and people will ask what your secret is for making it through the holidays with such ease. When they ask… just smile a very serene smile:)
Ready to make a change in your life?
Want to discover your unique calling and reinvent your life? Need a coach to help you moving forward?
Email me to set up a complimentary coaching clarity call: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dream Achiever Coaching changed my style at work with amazing results! Through the DISC personality profile, I was able to identify my strengths and clarify my focus on my job. Lynne had several concrete time management and productivity recommendations that helped me get control of my time. My confidence and productivity have improved tremendously! ~Liz Chadwick
Leave a Comment